April 30, 1986
Actress, Dancer, Director, Singer, Writer
2005-PresentDianna Elise Agron, born April 30, 1986, is a 32-year-old American actress and singer. She is best known for her main (later guest) role as Quinn Fabray on Glee between 2009 to 2015.
She also stars as Sarah Hart in I Am Number Four with Alex Pettyfer, Natalie in Burlesque, and Minnow in The Romantics. In 2013, Agron played Belle Blake, the daughter of a mafia boss, in the thriller-comedy The Family and will be part of the main cast of Famous as Sophia. Additionally, she has appeared in other television shows such as Heroes and Mall World. In December 2011, she launched a website called You, Me, & Charlie as a place to stay positive and optimistic through art and designs.
Dianna as a toddlerShe was born in Savannah, Georgia, the daughter of Mary (née Barnes) and Ronald S. Agron, a general manager of Hyatt hotels. She was raised in San Francisco and also lived in San Antonio, Texas for several years. Agron's father's family is originally from Russia, and their original surname, "Agronsky," was altered by Ellis Island officials. Her father is Jewish and her mother converted to Judaism. Agron attended Hebrew school and had a bat mitzvah. She attended Burlingame High School in California. She performed in her high school's version of the musical Grease, as Marty.
Dianna as a teenager.She has been dancing since the age of three, and began teaching dance as a teenager. She says she was not "popular" in the stereotypical sense in high school, though she had many friends from different cliques around the school.
When she was 15, she found out her dad had multiple sclerosis. In an interview for Cosmopolitan magazine, she revealed that “Quite a bit changed after that...at that age, you don't see mortality in your parents." The disease caused her parent's relationship to fall apart, and they decided to separate, which was devastating for her and her younger brother. "I had to play therapist to my family... be the glue...those kinds of things I'm not ready to speak about yet."
Agron has been in a relationship with Winston Marshall since (reported in) July 2015. They reportedly became engaged by January 2016. The couple married on October 15, 2016.
Television and movie roles
Dianna Agron on CSI New York
Agron has appeared on television shows such as Shark, Close to Home, CSI NY, Numb3rs and a recurring role on Veronica Mars. She then appeared as Harper on a 13-episode series of short films called It's a Mall World, directed by Milo Ventimiglia, and airing on MTV, and then on the second season of Heroes as Debbie Marshall, the head cheerleader/captain of the cheer squad at Costa Verde High School, also with Ventimiglia. Agron has also hosted a mini Music Festival for 826LA in Los Angeles called Chickens in Love.
Dianna Agron on Heroes
She was among many young Hollywood stars selected to be in Wal-Mart's Ocean Pacific spring 2010 marketing campaign. The national campaign debuted in fashion, lifestyle and entertainment magazines such as Elle, Teen-Vogue, Seventeen and Cosmopolitan, outdoor and online at the official Ocean Pacific website. In addition, the celebrities hosted an Ocean Pacific party in Los Angeles in late April and made personal appearances on behalf of the brand.
Dianna Agron in I Am Number 4
Her most notable role is Quinn Fabray, on Glee, which has received high ratings and critical acclaim, including a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golden Globe, since the series began in May 2009. In 2010, Agron directed the music video for "Body" by Thao with the Get Down Stay Down. She also played the small role of Natalie, girlfriend to main character Ali's love interest Jack, in the movie Burlesque alongside Christina Aguilera, Cher, and Stanley Tucci. Agron was chosen by People to be part of their Most Beautiful 2010. She also came 26th in the 2010 Afterellen.com top Hot 100 list.
Agron promoting the Nintendo 3DS
Agron appeared alongside Alex Pettyfer and Timothy Olyphant as Sarah Hart in the 2011 science-fiction action thriller I Am Number Four, directed by D. J. Caruso. The film success iniatially pulled a planned sequel, but Agron and Pettyfer real life break up stopped production. As of 2012, Agron will star in various commercials such as the Nintendo Game 3DS and 3DS XL games that involves games representing Arts.
On September 14, 2012, it was falsely reported by U.S Weekly that Agron had quit Glee, after being unhappy with the show for some time. Since Season 2, rumors had been circulating suggesting she was unhappy with the reduced screen time she had. She was also reportedly forced to turn down movie roles in order to be on Glee. During Season 3, it was reported that Ryan Murphy was upset with Agron's storyline about Beth (Quinn-Shelby Conflict) for it had created an uproar among critics and parents. She is also among notable absentees for many glee events and magazine photoshoots. A representative for her, however, has denied this claim. Her name is still no longer in the opening credits, and she has been demoted to recurring/guest star status for Season 4.
Agron in The Family
Although it was initially reported that she would not be returning for Glee's 5th Season, due to being "done" and "finished" with Glee, Agron was present for the two part 100th episode of Glee airing in March 2014. She expressed happiness while hinting at it while Ryan confirmed on his official Twitter. Agron returned for two episodes during the sixth and final Glee season and had a brief cameo at the end of the finale episode.
In July 2012, Agron confirmed reports of her role as Belle Blake in the film Malavita/The Family. Agron was cast in The Family as Belle after director Luc Besson thought of Agron while writing the Belle character. It was filmed from August - October 2012. The movie was released on September 13, 2013.
Agron was Dahlia and Wight as McQueen.
She will feature as a narrator for the documentary film Unity where she speaks about sexism. Agron was announced to have joined the cast of A Conspiracy on Jekyll Island in October 2013. Production was scheduled to begin in November 2013.
She appeared in the music video for "Just Another Girl" by The Killers and "I'm Not the Only One" by Sam Smith.
Agron was announced, in March 2015, that she will make her stage debut in McQueen as Dahlia, with Stephen Wight to play Alexander McQueen. It began its run on May 12, 2015 at St. James Theatre in London and ended its run on June 27.
PlayYear Title Role Notes 2015 McQueen The Play Dahlia
FilmYear Title Role Notes 2005 Talkers Are No Good Doers Jen 2006 When a Stranger Calls Cheerleader Uncredited 2007 T.K.O. Dyanna Skid Marks Megan 2009 Fuchsia Elephant Charlotte Hill Also produced, directed and wrote the screenplay Dinner with Raphael Dianna Funny or Die short Celebrities Anonymous Sadie 2010 Bold Native Samantha Supporting role The Romantics Minnow The Hunters Alice Main role, limited theatrical release film Burlesque Natalie Supporting role 2011 I Am Number Four Sarah Hart Glee: The 3D Concert Movie Quinn Fabray 2013 The Family Belle Blake 2015 Unity Narrator Documentary Zipper Dalia Tumbledown Finley Headlock Tess Chandler Bare Sarah Barton Famous Sophia Announced 2016 A Conspiracy on Jekyll Island Amelia Rhondart All Alone TBA Announced Hollow in the Land TBA Announced
TelevisionYear Title Role Notes 2006 Close To Home Drunk Girl Episode:"Homecoming" CSI: NY Jessica Grant Episode: "Murder Sings the Blues" Drake & Josh Lexi Episode:"The Great Doheney" Shark Gia Mellon Episode: "Love Triangle" Veronica Mars Jenny Budosh 3 episodes 2007 Heroes Debbie Marshall 4 episodes It's a Mall World Harper Main cast 2008 Numb3rs Kelly Rand Episode:"Jack of All Trades" 2009 - 2015 Glee Quinn Fabray Main Character (Season 1-3), Guest Character (Season 4-6) 2012 Punk'd Herself Season 9, Episode 3 - Guest Host Biography Channel
Documentary Glee Documentary: "Glee: Don't Stop Believing" GLAAD Media Award Host - June 2, 2012 Ten on Top MTV Channel
AwardsYear Award Category Work Role Result 2010 Screen Actors Guild Awards Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series Glee Quinn Fabray Won Teen Choice Awards Choice TV: Female Breakout Star Nominated Breakthrough Of The Year Awards Breakthrough Newcomer Won 2011 Screen Actors Guild Awards Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series Nominated Teen Choice Awards Choice TV: Female Scene Stealer Nominated Victoria's Secret: What Is Sexy List Sexiest Smile -- Herself Won 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series Glee Quinn Fabray Nominated Teen Choice Awards Choice TV: Female Scene Stealer Nominated Grammy Awards Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media Nominated Do Something Awards TV Star: Female Nominated Giffoni Film Festival Giffoni Award -- Herself Won 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series Glee Quinn Fabray Nominated Shorty Awards Best Actress in Social Media -- Herself Nominated Best Celebrity in Social Media Nominated Best Artist, Art Critic, or Art Aficionado in Social Media Nominated Best Blogger in Social Media Nominated Best Fashion Diva, Brand, or Model in Social Media Nominated Napa Valley Film Festival Rising Star Award Won Women Film Critics Circle Awards Best Young Actress The Family Belle Blake Nominated
Links and Social Networks
- She is close friends with Lea Michele, Naya Rivera, Mark Salling , Jenna Ushkowitz, Harry Shum Jr., Kevin McHale, Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss.
- She was considered the best dressed glee cast member by Naya Rivera.
- She was considered sweetest among the cast by Amber Riley, Jenna Ushkowitz, Kevin McHale, and Naya Rivera.
- She is considered an angel and to be the most adventurous according to Darren Criss.
- She has the best laugh according to Vanessa Lengies.
- She was considered the most gullible by Jenna Ushkowitz.
- Grant Gustin and Brad Ellis think that Dianna is perfect.
- Mark Salling calls her "Ookie".
- She enjoys cooking, reading, being outdoors, challenging herself, and spending time with family and friends.
- She has a younger brother named Jason Agron.
- She is a member of PETA and is vegetarian.
- She studied ballet as a child and then moved to Hip-Hop and other types of dance. She also taught dance and choreography as a teenager.
- She was roommates with Lea Michele during the filming of the first thirteen episodes of Glee.
- According to Robert Ulrich, the casting director for Glee, Dianna Agron is a serious triple threat (singing, dancing and acting).
- She spent much of her youth between hotels in San Francisco and Savannah duet.
- She can speak a little bit of Hebrew.
- She dislikes having blood drawn, which has caused her to faint.
- She considers Alice in Wonderland to be her favorite book, and recommended it to Chris.
- She chose "felldowntherabbithole" as her Tumblr URL, referencing Alice in Wonderland.
- She has a tattoo written in slab serif on her left ribcage, which reads "Mary Had a Little Lamb." The lamb refers to herself, and Mary refers to her mother, Mary.
- She owned a dog named Arthur, who passed away in December 2012 from lung cancer.
- She still owns her first childhood toy: a stuffed bear named Teddy Bear.
- She was crowned homecoming princess in her junior year of high school.
- She is of Jewish faith. Ironically, her character in Glee is a devout Christian.
- She sang "Fly Me to the Moon" when auditioning for Glee.
- She came second place in "Spelling Bee for Cheaters," a nonprofit event for charity held by 826LA.
- She went to her first concert with her father to see The Who.
- She dislikes foods touching each other when eating a meal. (Her mom jokes that she should use a kid divider plate for meals).
- She directed, produced, wrote and starred in a short film called A Fuchsia Elephant.
- She has an obsession with strange pets and plans to own an octopus. She considers elephants to be her favorite non-domesticated animal.
- She has several nicknames, including Di, Lady Di, Charlie and Lamb.
- She was in honors classes in high school.
- She finds calmness at beaches and cemeteries.
- She has an affinity for dark motifs, including pirates, skulls, and witchcraft.
- She considers three and thirteen to be her luckiest numbers.
- She enjoys the works of Tim Burton.
- She instructed dance classes as a teenager.
- She adores vintage actresses, such as Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and Lucille Ball.
- She dated Alex Pettyfer around the release of I Am Number Four. Pettyfer also dated actress Emma Roberts who dated Dianna's Glee co-star Chord Overstreet.
- She cannot perform cartwheels.
- She says she has learned the most from Lea Michele.
- She has never broken a bone.
- She was number 8 on the AfterEllen's 2011 Hot 100 list.
- Her middle name is Elise. Fans had widely assumed it was "Charlotte" as one of her pet nicknames is "Charlie."
- She used "alittlelamb" as her Twitter username since June 19, 2009. On June 15, 2011, she changed it to "DiannaAgron" for easier distinction. It is believed the change was made so her account could be officially verified by Twitter, which happened shortly afterwards.
- Dianna's Twitter account was hacked on the 18th December 2011, and started many trending topics (For example: #DirtyDianna). The hacker also got into Dianna Agron's personal email, and started leaking songs, scripts and episode titles.
- She is the fourth Glee Cast member to get 1 million followers on Twitter.
Dianna with her Audi A4
- She is aware of Faberry; she hasn't read it, but hears it's pretty steamy and isn't opposed to the storyline.
- She wouldn't be opposed to kissing Heather Morris.
- She is 5 ft 6in.
- She is a supporter of the San Jose Sharks, as seen on her Tumblr when she and co-star Naya Rivera are seen wearing Sharks hockey jerseys.
- On June 11, 2011 during a show in Toronto of the Glee Live Tour, she chose to wear a "Likes Girls" shirt instead of her usual "Lucy Caboosey" shirt for the performance of Born This Way. She later wrote about it on her tumblr expressing her support for the LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bisexual & Transgendered) citizens. This caused her to be a trending topic on Twitter. She started the hashtag, #letlovein, as this was included in her tumblr post. As she said, "And if any are interested in tracking the chain, perhaps visualizing the greater collective, include the hash tag, #letlovein."
- She was once seen smoking, but she said that it was because she was drunk. She said that she has not smoked since then and she hasn't been spotted smoking again.
- She is an alto.
Dianna with her late dog Arthur
- She visited two psychics and both readings revealed a person called "Charlie," which was attributed to being her name in a past life. She has since adopted it as a nickname.
- After breaking her nose for the second time around Glee Live 2011, she had her deviated septum fixed, and she's no longer a mouth-breather.
- She is allergic to cats.
- She drives a grey/silver coloured Audi A4.
- She has naturally dirty blonde hair.
- She was called the biggest flirt in the cast of Glee.
- She was cast on Glee two days before they started shooting. This is why she is barely in the pilot.
- She and Brad Falchuk are the ones who drew Puck's "Clown Pig" that he gave to Beth in I Am Unicorn.
- She speaks Spanish, as she studied it for four years.
- She is #75 on BuddyTV's "TV's 100 Sexiest Women of 2011."
- She likes the band Radiohead.
- Both I Am Number Four and Glee, the two things she is most known for, are set in Ohio.
- In Texas, she was picked on for being Jewish.
- Had seen Lea on Spring Awakening a year before working on Glee with her.
- She wrote co-star Chris Colfer's paragraph for Time's 100 Inspirational People list.
- She is number 44 on FHM's 100 Sexiest Women In The World 2012.
- She is good friends with Taylor Swift. She was rumored to be in a love triangle with her and Tim Tebow, although these were later denied by her.
- She said at the GLAAD Awards that she already kissed girls and that it was fun.
- She is number 2 on AfterEllen's 2012 Hot List before co-star Naya Rivera and after Heather Morris.
- She auditioned to portray Gwen Stacy in the 2012 film, The Amazing Spiderman.
- She was not present at the Season 4 photoshoot of Glee.
- She sang at the first You, Me and Charlie concert.
- She has the same birthday as Lindsay Pearce, who portrayed Harmony.
- She dyed her hair red for two months in 2013.
- Comedian Amy Schumer stated publicly on April 2015 that she thinks Dianna is like an angel and "the most gorgeous girl ever", during an interview on the Ellen DeGeneres show. 
I try to do it most when we're travelling. On set we have an on set photographer, and I do have a few lines to remember, but photography has definitely been my favorite way to remember things. At least for me that's how my brain processes things, of memories or moments - if I take a picture of it I can remember so many more details. I think it's about choosing the exact picture in my head that signifies or symbolizes a moment - almost as if you're using film. It's almost archaic.”
—Dianna Agron, on taking many pictures of the Glee cast on set
When it was just Lea and me, I was like, 'We're in skimpy clothes, we're up against each other. This is feeding those rumors. I've never been shot in so little clothing.”
—Dianna Agron, on the GQ magazine shoot
Everybody is convinced that Lea and I are in a relationship. There are supposedly forums with photos of us hugging at work or events. It's funny, but flattering — Lea is beautiful. Since when can't you hug your friends?”
—Dianna Agron, on the relationship between her and Lea Michele
They definitely have their moments of turning to each other. I don't know. I think it's so tricky with them because obviously they've had this kind of love triangle situation - sometimes even more than that with Puck and everything like that. It depends on the maturity of the girl. Sometimes I feel people can move past what they've grown up around and their surroundings while in a place and some people need closure after they've left and then coming back. I've seen it happen with people I knew growing up that hated each other, and then years later you go home and you see them walking down the street and they have babies. I think it's really difficult because high school is one of the most volatile and emotional stages of your life.”
—Dianna Agron, about where she thinks the Quinn-Rachel relationship will go
When I first moved to LA, I lived in a one bedroom apartment, and it got a little seedy around our area. One time, SWAT was at our building because somebody's houseguest had gone off their meds and was schizophrenic and shouting, 'He's going to kill me, He's going to kill me!' Somebody called the cops. I'm coming home from a dance class and I see this chopper circling my building and SWAT all downstairs.”
When you're sad, you're not sad. You are merely oblivious to the good things in your life. There is always a crack of light in the darkness. Find it.”
I've vowed that, this summer I'll go somewhere. But if I go to Africa, I may never come back. I'm just going to live with the animals and adopt an elephant, and it's going to be my friend.”
Maybe I was a pirate in my past life. I didn't kill people, though. I was just a badass.”
I must say, I am trying to live my life with a sharpie marker approach. You can't erase the strokes you've made, but each step is much bolder and more deliberate.”
Without love we are not truly living. Nobody in this world wants to feel alone. We are all the best versions of ourselves when we have love and acceptance in our lives.”
Year by year I learn more about myself, and I think that confidence and honesty and just really being true to yourself is probably the most beautiful thing that you can do for yourself and the people around you.”
Look, we are human, we make mistakes. I will gladly shout from the rooftops that I am not perfect. Nor will I ever be. But I can happily say that to my knowledge, I do not ever intentionally cause people pain.”
Everyone wants to feel special. Loved. Included. Are you going to be the person to prevent that from happening? I know I am not, not ever, and I feel compelled to do everything I can in this lifetime to encourage others to be loving and supportive people. Not everyone is going to be like you, and how boring would it be if they were! Let love in and be love. Those are the words that I live by. What are the words that you choose to live by? Think about it.”
If you share your story,you might give somebody else the courage and clarity that they can't find elsewhere.”
She's a dreamer, with her head always up in the clouds. But she has a violent streak that she doesn't recognize because she grew up with it. People will not want to mess with me after this movie.”
—Dianna Agron, on her character in Malavita
Far away from home & seeing images from yesterday. It's hard to imagine why anyone would choose to spread pain over spreading love.”
Watching the love spout about back at home from across the pond. Love is love is love is love. It's wonderful.”
I have never lost a friend. In this difficult time, I am leaning on all of the wonderful memories we shared with Cory, how many ways he was able to make us smile. Glee was a gift to all of us. It gave us a family in this industry. We really cut our teeth and grew up on this show. In playing underdogs, we learned that we had dug into the hearts of our viewers and that we could stay there. Cory is so deserving of that place in everyone’s hearts. He was one of the most generous and kind people that I have ever met. He had a smart, curious mind, he was an enormous talent. He was loving to not only me, but my family. My heart goes out to his family, to Lea, to everyone that is struggling with the loss of our friend. We will miss you Cory. We will always carry a piece of you with us.”
—Dianna Agron, on Cory Monteith's death
I think that as an artist, the more that you can do to diversify, and kind of challenge yourself, the more you grow.”
This place was picture-perfect: the way the haze lingered in the morning, the colors, the people, the food. It was all magnificent.”
Being true to yourself is one of the greatest attributes. Happiness ensues. Be present. Be kind. Be patient. Be honest. Find moments to be silly. The results will always be rewarding.”
My style has really evolved, from my rebellious teenage years, to my butterfly clip phase, I’ve definitely made a few mistakes. Now, I’ve figured out what fits my body and what I really like.”
Growing up I wanted to be a mixture of Audrey Hepburn and Lucille Ball. Apparently I told my mum when I was eight that I wanted to be an actor.”
Glee, first of all, was one of the best experiences of my life and always will be.”
I am a SF-bred girl who would live my entire life down the rabbit hole in a world of nonsense, but due to the low probability of me ever finding that damn hole, I use my vivid imagination every day and refuse to ever truly grow up. Not all the way! That wouldn’t be fun! Why not embrace a life like Peter? I love what I do, I love to see a smile turn a smile turn a smile. Life is too short, too melancholy for some. I’d like to try to diffuse that as much as I can. I am only one, but together we are so much more.”
It feels like your friend has lost their mobile phone and you can't call them. Or it's like he's on a long vacation and I just haven't heard from him. It's very strange.”
—Dianna Agron, in Britain's InStyle magazine, regarding life after Cory's death.
The Family - Official Trailer (HD) Robert De Niro
10 Things You Don't Know About Dianna Agron
Dianna Agron TV Commercial for Art Academy Video Game
Dianna Agron & Jason Professor Layton Nintendo 3DS TV Comercial
Glee Auditions Dianna Agron is Over the 'Moon'
Dianna Agron for Vanity Fair France
The Killers - Just Another Girl
DIANNA AGRON ALSICEBUCKET CHALLENGE
Sam Smith - I'm Not The Only One
Add a photo to this gallery